Sunday, April 25, 2010

We'll Call it the Mommymoon...

Click here to view these pictures larger

A few weeks ago my dad had surgery to remove, what they found out to be, a cancerous tumor. He has been struggling with colon cancer for the past 3 years and I felt I really wanted to spend some quality time with my dad and family. Ryan encouraged me to go out to WA for a week alone...no kids!!! I flew out Friday the 16th and stayed until the 23rd. My sister Tami was also able to come out, so our whole family was together. Ryan's mom came for the week to help with the kids while he was at work. She did a great job and I never worried once...even when Caleb was taken to urgent care for strep throat. I had full confidence in them and was able to enjoy a wonderful week with my family. It was also a great time to get some R&R for myself after the last year and a half. I enjoyed LOTS of chatting with my sisters, yummy food provided by mom, shopping (which turns out to be enjoyable when you don't have kids), meals eaten out (ah Red Robin, how I've missed you), a visit to the legendary Skagit Valley Tulip fields which I hadn't seen in over a decade, games played, and enjoying my nieces who have never seen me without kids. We had some great times together and it was nice to have lunch everyday with my dad and even catch quite a few Mariners games together!!! I feel rested and rejuvenated from my little "mommymoon" and thank everyone who helped make it a reality!!!

2 comments:

Laura E said...

Awesome! I was talking to Steph Greydanus about seeing you up there without kids, and I was just amazed! Good for you for doing that and spending some quality time with your family. I'm sure your kids missed you, but what a great break from mommyhood! :)

VM Family said...

Yay Ryan! Every Mommy needs a break. I think YOU deserve double time off!