Friday, November 27, 2009

A Look back...

In one week we will be celebrating the 1st birthday of Caleb & Joel! It is hard to believe that they are one! I must admit that as we are celebrating their birthday, I will be privately rejoicing over the survival of our first year with twins (maybe I'll crack open a diet coke and head to the grocery store...ALONE). I must say that I am SO glad it is over. I thought I would take the next week to look back at some moments in the last year...what a journey it has been!


Wow!!! I was ginormous!!! I am proud to say that one year later I am 60 pounds lighter!!!! If I ever feel the need to have another child, I'll just take this picture out...it's a good cure.
Were they ever tiny!!! I can't even remember them being this little. 5lbs 15 oz and 6 lbs 2 oz. Now they weigh in at a whopping 24 pounds!!!

I still love this picture! She has come a long way in accepting her little brothers...now we have to keep reminding her that they will grow up and clean her clock!
I can still remember that feeling of seeing two babies in one crib and just being baffled and overwhelmed that there were two! I still get that feeling every night when we check on them in their cribs before heading to bed. I don't know if it will ever sink in!

3 comments:

Nate and Lisa said...

Wow! They were SOOO little. I really admire all you have endured this year and am proud of you! I can't wait to see you guys...almost less than a week!

Laura E said...

Way to go, Links! It was so much fun to read this and look back with you! Congratulations on making it a year...if you can do it, so can we! Oh, and congrats on the 60 lbs, Shari! That's awesome!

VM Family said...

I'm loving this series of posts. What a great way to celebrate the first year of life for your precious sons and an amazing feat of survival for Mom and Dad! It can only get easier from here, right? :)