Thursday, August 27, 2009

WA Vacation...at the farm

The family at the Sakuma Berry Farm (my brother-in-law's family owns the place). We had to get a picture on the John Deere tractors!!!! The order is Caleb, Kiera, Sheri, Joel
Is this a twin look-a-like or what??? Caleb left, Joel right.
Joel had a great time sitting in the train. They were too small to ride but loved sitting in it!
The kiddos all lined up in the train. Rayahna and Julissa (my sister Juli's kids) joined us.
Rayahna and Kiera were either best buddies or enemies...here they are watching Uncle Nate's sister jump horses.
Joel hanging out with Aunt Lisa.
Giddyup horsey! Hang on...here we go!!! Joel left, Caleb right. Uncle Nate's sister gave the kids rides.
So Aunt Lisa was holding us the whole time...we weren't too sure of this horse. Kiera wouldn't even try!

You probably noticed that we haven't posted in awhile. We have spent most of August in WA visiting my (Sheri) family. My best friend, Valerie, flew out there with me. She had Joel and I had Caleb for the flights. They kids did awesome!!! We were unsure as to how they would do on the plane, but they did great. Even though Kiera has flown a ton already in her life, this was the first time she could remember flying. She was pretty excited and asked lots of questions. We were very happy to make it to WA without any hassles. Thanks Val for being so brave and helping out with our kids!!!

We spent the first week in WA just relaxing and hanging out at Oma's house. Uncle Nate and Aunt Lisa were living there as they have been house hunting and looking for a place to settle. We were so excited that while we were there they found a place and will hopefully be moving in the next month. It was fun to be a part of the process! The first weekend we were there, my sister Juli and her family returned from their vacation. The kids were so excited to see each other! Kiera and Rayahna had lots of fun together. They did have a little difficulty sharing, but for both being first-borns, they did well. Julissa just tagged along and tried to keep up!

It definitely takes a village to raise a family...or at least my family. My parents and sisters were so helpful with feedings, changes, getting up early to let me sleep, and entertaining kids. It was a very relaxing break for me. Thanks you guys! You sure spoiled me.

1 comment:

The VM Family said...

WOW!! The boys are looking like Kiera! Is this a recent development or am I just noticing it now?