Thursday, February 26, 2009

Still here...

Sorry we didn't get a chance to update things yesterday. Things were a little crazy. Caleb's x-ray came back clear. We were thankful for that good report. He spent yesterday morning off of oxygen and I was hopeful that we would be going home. However, he needed to be back on the rest of the day. So we spent another night here. All night his respiration monitor was going off and we couldn't get the thing to be quiet. And when it wasn't going off, his oxygen monitor was. I think I finally fell asleep about 6am. I am exhausted. Ryan had a pretty busy day with planning for youth group, so he and Kiera came up for awhile to visit and Kiera was able to open a few presents for her birthday.

Today (Thursday) has been a hopeful day. Caleb has now spent all day off oxygen and if he can go all night, we may get to go home tomorrow. Yeah!!!! I'm cautiously optimistic as he hasn't had a real deep sleep all day and his levels may drop tonight. We'll keep hoping. Today was a little sad for me as it was Kiera's 3rd birthday. I didn't get to spend much time with her, but thankfully my mom made the day special for her. They made a special breakfast together and then made cupcakes to share with us at the hospital later. I was able to go home for a couple hours while Ryan sat with Caleb and spend some time with Kiera and Joel. We then got a babysitter for Joel (so he wouldn't catch ANYTHING from the hospital) and we all headed to the hospital for a little party for Kiera. She had fun opening presents from cousins (thanks guys!) and eating cupcakes. We then took her to McDonalds with a playground (her favorite place to go) and she had a blast being with just mommy and daddy. My mom was able to stay with Caleb while we got out. It was such a nice break! Kiera had a fun day, but as her mom I feel bad that it wasn't what I had planned. We'll have to have our party next week sometime. I'm sure she won't mind. I know she won't remember a year from now, but mommy's always feel a little bad.

Hopefully we'll have some great news about being home tomorrow. Pray that Caleb makes it through the night and if anything that we can sleep. Sorry if all of this sounds a little disjointed...my brain is a little fuzzy and sleep deprived! Thanks again for all your encouragement, support, and prayers!

3 comments:

Laura E said...

I'm SO sorry to hear you're still at the hospital! I've been thinking of you and praying for you and Caleb. Hopefully you'll be home today and can remain there. Thankfully Joel remains healthy!

Jake said...

Sheri? did you know that we were in the hospital with Margret for 10 days after her birth? I remember the dark room, other babies crying, beeping after beeping...and just wanting to bring my baby home.
I'm praying that God will encourage you in small ways. He will....look for it. And that Caleb will be healed.

Anonymous said...

How I wish I could e-mail you some sleep! We know how much effort it takes to keep us all updated...but it is sincerely appreciated! Thanks! The B-day pics are adorable. Kiera won't forget her pony cake. You more than made up for "missing" the actual day. We're so proud of you guys, how you are hanging in there in spite of everything. We're behind you 100%. Love ya'! Mom & Dad