Monday, February 23, 2009

Monday news

We are now on day 3 of our hospital stay. Caleb continues to remain the same. He can't seem to nap or sleep at night without needing oxygen. He has to be able to go 24 hours without it, so we continue to plug away at the hospital. He isn't eating more than 2-3 ounces at a feeding (he usually takes 5) so we have to make sure his feedings are back up to par also before coming home. Last night went much better with sleeping. I (Sheri) was able to get about 5 hours. What a welcome respite after the last week of 3-4 hours of sleep. They continue to nebulize him every 4 hours which breaks up my night some, but he always goes back to sleep very easy. My days get quite boring as there isn't much to do there. Thankfully I can catch lots of catnaps and Ryan is able to come and keep me company in the afternoon. Caleb is being so good and it's hard to believe sometimes that he's not feeling so well. We did learn that he already is quite the flirt. He loves to smile at the nurses when they are poking him and nebulizing him. What a silly boy.

We did take Joel in to the Dr. today as he was developing a similar cough as Caleb. Thankfully, he tested negative for RSV. He just has a little cold and we will continue to keep an eye on him. I am SOOOOOOO relieved that he is fine. I was not excited about starting this same journey with Joel.

My mom arrived this morning and has been watching the kids at home. Ryan is now at the hospital so that I can get home and just relax, play with Kiera, and visit with my mom. Thank you for your continued prayers and support. We'll keep you updated as things progress.

1 comment:

Laura E said...

Hey Sheri, I'm sorry to hear that Caleb isn't progressing well, so I'll keep praying that he gets better and is able to make it the 24 hours without oxygen. Maybe he's enjoying those cute nurses a little too much? :) I'm also very thankful to hear that Joel doesn't have RSV. What an answer to prayer! And how nice it must be to have your mom there for support and help.

The shower was really fun, and I got to talk to a lot of people I don't usually talk to. I didn't get your gift yet. I had a friend down from Minneapolis last weekend, and she left in the middle of church, so I didn't end up going either. Ben was working...excuses, excuses. But I'll be at church tonight, so I'll be able to pick it up then. It's so nice of you to be thinking of us when your whole family is sick. Thank you in advance! Take care!