Friday, November 21, 2008

A pregnant woman's Christmas List...

Okay, I know it isn't quite Thanksgiving yet, but since I really can't do anything but sit, I figured it was time to enjoy a little humor at my expense. As I see the TV commercials and talk to people about Christmas shopping and what everyone wants for Christmas, I got to thinking about what exactly I would like this year....

1. Be able to put my socks on without tipping over (I don't even go out of the house to bother with shoes)
2. To wear a shirt that actually covers my stomach completely
3. To bend over and pick something up that I've dropped...and not have to hear Kiera come running and without question pick it up for me
4. Climb the stairs in under 5 minutes and not be huffing and puffing at the top
5. To roll over in bed without Ryan wondering if I've gone into labor
6. To actually get out of bed without needing a crane and a lift
7. Eat dinner at the table without Kiera commenting "Mommy, you need a big bib"
8. Eat dinner without getting stuck under the table
9. Oh to wear a winter coat...and have it close in front!
10. Wear clothes made for a 5' 7" person rather than clothes of a 6'3" person...namely my husband. I don't think either of us ever thought we'd see the day.

Yes, carrying twins has been quite the challenge and experience. We are almost at 36 weeks and only have 2 to go. Everything is going great. I've had a few contractions here and there and basically do nothing anymore. The babies are about 6 pounds each and are more than welcome to arrive anytime!!! In all seriousness, our greatest and most sincere Christmas wish is this:

~To welcome 2 healthy babies and celebrate the gift of new life at such a special time as Christmas! God has definitely blessed us with such a great pregnancy and we pray that the next 3 weeks go smoothly.

Thanks so much for your support and prayers. We hope to have news soon!!!!

1 comment:

Gail said...

What a great list! We'll start praying for babies to come soon and for a healthy delivery for everyone! Hang it there--the fun is about to begin!!
Love, Matt, Gail and Anna