Friday, June 29, 2012

Opa & Oma come to visit!!!




Mid June my parents were able to come out for a visit. It was SOOO good to see my folks since we didn't get to see them at Christmas. It was extra special that we got to see my dad. Last August he suffered a stroke and I hadn't seen him since October when he had just been discharged from the hospital. After spending the week with my dad I was overwhelmed at God's goodness and incredible healing in his life. He is fully recovered and doing awesome! It was so fun to hang out with my parents and we are so thankful that God spared my dad's life and that we were able to spend a wonderful week together!

My sister, Tami, and her kids picked up my folks from the Minneapolis airport and then headed down here for the week. What a busy yet fun week we had! Here are some of the highlights of our week and you will see pictures of in the album above:
~ relaxing in the backyard
~ fun games of Cube in the yard
~ slip n slide
~ sprinklers under the trampoline
~ VBS!!!! (All the kids got to go while the adults stayed home and enjoyed a leisurely supper without kids!)
~ Brookings Children's museum
~ tye-dying shirts at the museum
~ learning some magic from the museum's visiting magician
~ morning runs with my sister
~ celebrating Father's day with my dad!
~ going to the local ski show
~ hiking around Falls Park and riding the trolley
~ Oma reading to the kids
~ bonfires and smore's
~ talent shows (check out the picture of Caleb & Joel playing the piano...they were fighting over the piano and my mom told them that one should play on the top and one on the bottom. Caleb didn't even hesitate and hopped off the bench and started playing the three pedals on the bottom! Problem solved! We laughed so hard!)

Overall it was a very fun week and we enjoyed being together so much! We were sad to see them go but look forward to the next time we are together!

No comments: