Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day of Preschool





Today is Kiera's first day of preschool! I'm sure you've noticed from the pictures that we are doing this at home, but Kiera has no complaints! Because all her friends are going to preschool at Sioux Falls Christian, I decided she should experience some of the exciting first day of school preparations, so last Friday we went to get her school supplies. She was SO excited to pick out a backpack and new colors, paints, and markers. At one point in the store she asked me if preschool was fun, I said, "sure it is", and she said, "Well, I'm a little bit nervous". Too cute!!! When we got home from the store she wanted to get right to work. We picked up these penmanship dry erase boards to practice letter writing and she wrote ALL DAY! Before she went to bed she told me that she wanted to do it again in the morning. I told her that nobody goes to school on Saturday. She was pretty disappointed to have to wait until Monday.

Well, this morning she was super excited to start. She had to do all her chores first and then I told her to get her backpack on. We took the first day of school pick and then headed in the house to start! She has been working like a busy little bee all morning. I had to force her to take a recess. She then pulled out some fruit snacks she had stuck in her backpack for a snack. She is so precious and growing up so fast! I hope this enthusiasm lasts for the next 13 years!!! I'm going to have to scrounge online for more activities to keep her busy! I'm so thankful she is so excited and wants to learn!!! Well, my pupil is calling me to check her work, so I better go. Enjoy the pics!

3 comments:

Nate and Lisa said...

That is just WAY too cute. The fact that she was nervous...how funny! It was a great idea to get that stuff for her. What enthusiasm she has...you are right, hopefully it lasts a long time! What a precious girl!

Jamie Gerdes said...

So fun that you made her first day special!

VM Family said...

Sheri, you are super-mom! I'm so impressed with the thoughtfulness of your preschool home-schooling. From that smile, it's clear she LOVES it! :)

I know your hubs is busy and your children are many, just wanted to tell you today that you are doing a great job!! :)