Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Let's Count...

As I see the clock strike one, I am amazed at how little I've accomplished today. As I was washing bottles, I got to thinking about how many things I've repeated today.

Baths: 6 given (Kiera: 1, Caleb: 2, Joel: 3...the boys both had a blow-out and Joel coughed so hard, he threw up all over himself...about 2 minutes after his first bath).

Bottles washed: 20

Outfits changed: 7

Diapers changed so far: 8

Diapers left to change: 10 (if all goes well)

Garbage bags taken out to the trash can: 4

Toys picked up: hundreds

Loads of laundry: 2

Bottles fed: 7 (Caleb decided he needed a little extra)

Burp rags used: 6

Naps given: 4 ....naps yet to be given: 6

Amount of Sanity found: 0

Some days I just try not to even stop and think! No wonder people hire nannies!!!!

We found out this past weekend that Joel actually had RSV. His earlier test was actually positive. Supposedly they get a lot of false negatives for RSV if they get tested early on in the virus. So the poor little guy spent all last week battling RSV and we didn't pay too close attention to his breathing because we assumed he was okay (and I was still in the hospital with Caleb). The Doctor sent us home with a prescription for nebulizer treatments that we need to give him every 4 hours. I took both boys in on Monday and they seem to be on the mend. Joel still has a little cough, but is doing much better. Thankfully he didn't have to be hospitalized. Hopefully by the end of this week we will all be healthy and actually be able to have a birthday party for Kiera!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

he he...first off, i'm glad to hear that Caleb and Joel are doing better!
I can't wait to see more pictures of them,
Well,
Have a great day!!
Love
Kaitlin Hoogendoorn

Steph said...

oh mylanta. this is crazy... when do you rest?

Laura E said...

Oh. My. Word. This post scares me. There is a small part of me that hopes that Kiera is the reason for those numbers, but I know it's those twin boys! :)